[opencms-dev] Separate database with OpenCms

Alexander Wallace aw at avatartechnology.com
Wed May 11 15:39:16 CEST 2005

You can use any driver in the class path, and sure you can create a separate
datasource pointing to a different database or server... It seems to me that
you want to access from within pages in opencms some data in a different
db... If that is the case, you can setup your own connection pool using the
standard app server methods and use jndi to get a hold of it...  This is to
say, you can do it as if you were doing it with any other java app...