[opencms-dev] Upgrading to Version 6

Erik Lyons ELyons at cityofsalem.net
Fri May 13 19:58:47 CEST 2005

Excellent questions. Also one might wonder how to upgrade a version 5
instance that relies on any of the "sandbox" modules like FormMail, HTML
Import, Calendar, Synyx FAQ, Mailing List, etc. or code borrowed from or
based upon them.

>>> Pedro.Huitema at wwu.edu 5/13/2005 10:35:42 AM >>>
Hello,

As the release date for version 6 approaches, I was wondering what
major
changes will have to be worked out in order to upgrade from version 5.
One of my largest concerns is that the templates that I had developed
in
version 5 will become incompatible because of file system changes, as
well as API changes.

Another concern will be moving the content and settings we have in
version 5 over to version 6. In other words, can we upgrade the
application all while using the same database (our system is using an
Oracle database in the backend)?

I realize that specific instructions for the upgrade will be available
in a few weeks, but I was curious to find out what we are getting
ourselves into...

Thank you for any insight!

Pedro Huitema

(360) 650-7229