[opencms-dev] Sandbox howto

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Sun May 15 15:06:42 CEST 2005

Patrik,

Multisite settings shall be the right way, define a second site in
opencms-system.xml and in vfs e.g. /sites/demosite and create a demouser
that has write but not publish persmission to the demosite folder in
offline project and has no view permission on /sites/default (default is
your site). Set the preferences for demouser to restrict her view to a
particulare folder beneath demosite. E.g /sites/demosite/nu

cleaning up the /sites/demosite/nu/* hourly could be done perhaps via
cmsshell or by writing a class which can be executed over the opencms
scheduler nightly / hourly, I'm not sure what is feasible or the best
way at all.
(what happens if a demouser creates a page e.g on 01.59 and saves it on
2.00 and your cron job deletes the folder at the same time?)

If you know how to delete a folder via cmsshell please let me know, or
via opencms api using a custom class.

I'm writing a small User Documentaion for my intranet users as an
Editor-Tutorial(how to do this and that), if you think such a thing
could be useful for you (or anybody else on this list) let me know.

Best Regards,
Arash Kaffamanesh