[opencms-dev] users with access rights for published website, not admin website

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Tue May 17 09:19:17 CEST 2005

Nope, it applies to every resource  whether it belongs to the site or
the administrative interface (the administrative interface is basically
just a special and protected section of an OpenCms web-site).
The same access-control is used for all parts of an OpenCms site, so
you can easily make an extranet/intranet solution.
When you browse a site you're actually considered to be 'logged in' as
a Guest-user and per default resources in the online-project is
viewable by guests. Revoking that right from a resource, say a page,
will hide it. The guest user then will have to log in as another user
with sufficient privileges in order to see the protected page.
This mechanism automatically applies to the API functions that you use
to build the navigation, so the protected page won't be visible in your
navigation nor in a sitemap. And if the a user got hold of the url for
the page anyhow, he or she would still have to provide a valid login to
get it to show.

/Claus