[opencms-dev] JavaScript in v5

Xavier Ottolini xavier.ottolini at adelis.com
Wed May 18 13:27:56 CEST 2005

Hi Erik,

Erik Lyons a écrit :

>I'm trying to incorporate some JavaScript popup menus in a JSP template.
>The code lives in a separate .js file accessed via a <cms:link> tag the
>same as the style sheets, in the same ../resources folder. There is no
>tomcat error loading the JSP and there is no client JS error from the
>mouseovers, they just don't do anything.

There are already some posts about javascript problems. They may help you.
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q2/017144.html
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/015330.html
If you have got a Mac, Safari contains a activity log.

>I've also tried dropping all
>the JS code right in the JSP, instead of using <script
>src=<cms:link>..., same result.

There is maybe an error in your script which is not reported by MSIE.
Try to open your page with Mozilla or Firefox. Sometimes, the messages
are more complete.
If you have not messages in the Firefox javascript console, insert a lot
of alerts("") into the main steps of your script. You will find where it
is stopped.

>This code works fine in a local HTML
>file, so the only difference is that it is in a JSP served by OpenCMS.
>Anyone else doing this sort of thing?

Can you send us a sample of your script ?

>Thanks,
>-e.l.
>Regards,

Xavier