[opencms-dev] OCMS 5.0 under SLES9

Kammel, Ulrich, FCI3 ulrich.kammel at eads.com
Fri May 20 08:39:30 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

has somebody some experiences in installing OpenCMS V5.0 on a
computer with SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server SLES9
I've got some trouble in using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27.tar
and mysql-standard-4.0.24-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar on it.

When installing Opencms V5.0 I get the following error-Message
from the tomcat Log-File
catalina.out:sorry: Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306.
Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to
connect to?
(java.net.ConnectException)

The database ist running and occupies the port 3306

many thanks,

m.f.G.

          Ulrich Kammel
          EADS Deutschland GmbH