[opencms-dev] (6b3) System Migration question

cherif multxt at free.fr
Mon May 23 13:19:51 CEST 2005

Hi Gonzalez,
Not sure to give an answer, but i think this is not really an os problem, it
a mysql usage matter
As you know you have different ways to backup and restore a mysql DB.

As for me i use mysqldump to backup the BD so

mysqldump -u user -p password "xxxxxx" (the data base name to dump) >
/.../the name of the backup
To restore from this backup  i do
 mysql -u user -p password "xxxxxx" (my DB) < my database backup

This always works and allows moving databases or even tables from system to
system : e.g windows to unix or unix to windows and of corse from machine to
machine under same os

best regards