[opencms-dev] creating export folder

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Tue May 24 19:40:32 CEST 2005

Marek,

it depends on which settings and setup startegy you prefer to work,
static export is sometimes done from the administration workplace, if
you have set the "static export" in opencms-importexport.xml to true
(<staticexport enabled="true">), which is the default setting
(xxx.CMSOnDemandStaticExportHandler does the fine work) , you can even
export your whole site statically to rfs under the export folder and let
them be served through apache (low cost for small and not so high
dynamic sites), or sometimes if you publish some resources, they could
get exported, if you set the export property on a resource, like
style.css (which could be a jsp type) to true!
With the <rfs-prefix> setting you can set where the static stuff shall
be exported to --> see opencms-importexport.xml. Also some scheduled
jobs could fire the export procedure for instance for you.

> I mean what kind of event causes creating of this folder and exporting
files to it?

e.g publishing.

It could be a good Idea to have a look into the staticexport package of
the source.

Hope that's correct what I'm saying, if not experts shall feel free to
punish me ;-)

Marek, what's the background of your question?

Kind Regards,
Arash