[opencms-dev] Re: Installation issues - Incompatible compiler & JRE

Ethan Baldridge ethan at 35mmeyes.com
Wed May 25 16:31:10 CEST 2005

I already did that though - it still uses gcj. No matter what I do with
JAVA_HOME it remains using /usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0

Actually, on looking closer into the problem, I decided to take a look
at the source code to see if I could perhaps solve the problem by
typecasting the int it's talking about.

I don't have the source for org/opencms/util/CmsStringUtil - only the
class file is in the jar.

So the problem is actually entirely different than what we were
thinking. The file has already been compiled, it's not using gcj to
compile it, only libgcj to interpret the java bytecode. There is
actually an error in the Java interpretation.

The only question is, are you supposed to be allowed to use an int as a
parameter in a regular expression check? If so, then a patch needs to be
submitted to gcj (at least, unless they've fixed that in a more recent
version than 3.3.4). Otherwise, the error is in the OpenCMS source.

Ethan