[opencms-dev] authienticating a web user throug servlet fails

Alexander Wallace aw at avatartechnology.com
Wed May 25 23:44:07 CEST 2005

Hi there...   I'm trying to use a servlet to authenticate web users and do
other things...  I have a form which has that servlet as it's action, the
servlet gets called fine, i have stepped through the code in debug mode and i
can see every linke do what it's supposed to... I'm able to authenticate and
login the web user.

At that point i can see the current user is my newly logged in user. I then go
and do a redirect to the "landing" page for the user... and here's where my
problem statrs... The current user in that page is the "guest" user.... So
somehow, i'm loosing the session and a new one is replacing it or something
like that...

Anyone has experienced this? Can someone share some insight?  I can't figure
out why this is happening... If i can't figure it out i'm thinking of
changing my strategy and use JSPActionBeans (extending them and using them
from a jsp) or something, but i think the servlet should work right?

Thanks!