[opencms-dev] Install issues 6b3 and JBoss - Read the instructions

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Thu May 26 21:52:19 CEST 2005

Jaime Garza wrote:

> I am on Windows XP,

Jaime,

	_Which_ XP? The _original_ XP or XP _service_pack_2_? IIRC, there is a
big difference between these two operating systems.

> JBoss 3.2.7, MySql 4.1

	OK, but which version of the JDK are you using? How is JBoss configured?

*** DO NOT MAKE US PROD YOU FOR INFORMATION!! ****

	We are more likely to help you if we do not have to prod you for
information!

> I expanded the war into OpenCMS.war into the default/deploy directory and
> ran the opemcms/setup.  It went OK, apparently (I cannot see errors on the
> UI or on the logs)
>
> After I restart the server, I can see the home page, use the login boxes in
> there, click on the examples, but when I click on the link to enter the
> workspace, as specified in the home page, I correctly get a popup requesting
> login information.  I type Admin/admin.  Upon submitting, the popup comes
> back again and again in the same login page, with no error message in the
> log, or on the screen.
>
> What is so special about my setup?  Can anybody help me?

	Remember to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS that display in your web browser when
you are installing OpenCms, to wit:

	1) Ensure that your browser does not block "pop-up" windows;

	2) Ensure that your browser has support for Javascript turned on, and

	3) Ensure that your browser supports ActiveX (important if you want to
use the WYSIWYG HTML editor of OpenCms).

Then, search the email archives using the term "Jboss." There are some
discussions of using Jboss in the archives.

--Paul Bain