[opencms-dev] Dynamic remote deployment (publishing) architecture

Li Hai Tao htli at integrosys.com
Fri May 27 07:50:36 CEST 2005

Hi

I am newbie to OpenCms, but i have played around with other commercial CMS
for one and half year.

Now i am evaluating some java open source CMS and it looks OpenCms is better
than others. But when i went through its documentations, i didnot find
enough information about dymamic remote deployment or publishing
possibility. What i mean, instead of authoring and publishing in one
machine, seperate them into two or more machines.

Maybe there are three machines, two nodes for publishing behind IIS or
Apache with load balancing, one node exclusively for authoring. Once content
editors decide to publish their new web content, they publish them to two
remote nodes instead of his/her local machine. Last time, when i use the
commercial product, i can easily achieve this by proper settings.

I am thinking if i share the database between those three machines to
achieve this purpose.

Can anyone enlighten me for this possibility and how ?

Thanks

Ron