[opencms-dev] Database Access from website to database

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:05:50 CEST 2005

I'm about to start using OpenCMS to manage a very database centric web
site (business listings etc). The approach I'm going to take is to
make HTTP requests to a servlet in a separate webapp (using Jakarta
Commons HttpClient library). The parameters to the database search
will be in the request parameters.
eg:
http://myDbServer:8080/MyDBSystem?query=select+id,name,telephone+from+businesses+where+category=cafe

That servlet will take care of all the db access, business logic and
rendering to HTML.  It will return return ready-to-use HTML which will
be included in the OpenCMS pages. I'll let you know how I get on.

Joe.