[opencms-dev] Question regarding permissions (possible bug)

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Tue May 31 14:43:44 CEST 2005

Hi Devs,

i'have a user wich has "read" and "view" permissions on a site. What
confuses me is, that he can access most contex-menus and the "new" menu
although he is not allowed to modify anything. He can even insert
something in the dialogs but his changes are not committed. It seems to
me that the permissions-code is not complete or is this the desired
behaviour? IMHO having these permissions should result in:

* Disabling the context-menus: Lock / Edit Page / Edit Sourcecode /
Rename / Delete / Touch / Change Type / Edit controlcode
* Making the context-menus read only: Change navigation, Properties,
History, Permissions, Secure/Export
* Disabling the "new" button (haven't tested the "upload"-button)
* Eventually display a note on read only menus regarding the missing
permissions

It also seems that setting permissions on views is not working or is
this normal?
I've encountered these errors in beta 3 and also tested most of them in RC1.

I would be glad on any feedback regarding this question.

If i'm misunderstanding some concept please give me a hint.

best regards
Sebastian Himberger