[opencms-dev] How is it possible to disable workplace? (TEST RESULT - [sorry for the "broken" posts])

Steve Mato smato at icc.net
Fri Jun 3 23:35:34 CEST 2005

All,

workplace.limited.port=[some port #]

...does indeed work in 5.0.1.  It does not limit someone from seeing the /system/login path as I hoped/need, thus the site could still be subject to a brute force attack, however if a person successfully signs in from a port other then what is defined in workplace.limited.port, the 404 error page is returned for all the workplace frames.
:)
...that's something at least!

I'd still appreciate an informed response to my other e-mail though, regarding why when I created two <Service ...> definitions going against the same OpenCMS instance and same opencms database in MySQL, one site could not see what the other published.

-steve

-=-=-=-

RE:

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Oct 6 10:27:02 CEST 2004

workplace.limited.port may or may not work in 5.0.x. I must say that this
feature never was really tested much.

In 6.0, you can just place the workplace site to a different hostname/post
and have your Firewall protect access to this.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts