[opencms-dev] Cannot successfully copy site to a new host

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Tue Jun 7 22:58:38 CEST 2005

Markus Daniel <markus.daniel at synyx.de> writes:

> as far as I know the tablenames are different from windows to linux, I
> don't know why...
> in one case you have the tablenames in upper case and in the another not...
>
> I suggest to use a Linux DesktopComputer instead of a Win XP or change
> the tablenames in your dumpFile (vim/gvim ~ ;-))
> I changed the tablenames.

1. He didn't copy the database files.

2. Copying database files from Linux to Windows works for me.

3. Did he read and understand this thread? If so, make it so.
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.opencms.devel/15135
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.opencms.devel/15148

4. I think he doesn't use the same MySQL configuration on
   both computers.

Regards,
Thomas