[opencms-dev] new website announcement built with OpenCMS

Thondikulam, Ganesh GThondikulam at carlsonwagonlit.com
Wed Jun 8 18:29:23 CEST 2005

Steve,

Very nice design indeed. I had a few questions for you.

We have deployed our global website, consolidating 40+ websites,  using
opencms 6 beta 1/Tomcat/Apache/MySQL this month as well and I had the
following questions:

1)       How are you ensuring that you have high availability of the
site ? Example MySQL were to fail or Tomcat were to fail... I am looking
at Alkacon's clustering module for potentially enabling high
availability. Also looking at possibly 'publishing' the content to
redundant web servers as static content ( not sure if this is possible )

2)       What is your plan for future upgrades ?. While I know that you
can export DB, modules and re-import to the new version, I believe that
there is no way to export projects and you have to re-create manually.

3)       We are seeing some out of memory errors in the Tomcat log file.
Our JVM memory is set to 128M. I will be bumping it to 512M shortly. Do
you have a similar experience ?

Thanks for your response.

Best Regards,

Ganesh Thondikulam