[opencms-dev] Allowed chars for passwords?

Pannetier Alain Alain.m.Pannetier at atosorigin.com
Thu Jun 9 13:04:44 CEST 2005

Hi Anatol,

I got that problem as well and ran OpenCms under debug to understand
what was going on.

Basically, when you send "ab+cd" from the preferences what you actually
send is "ab cd" because + is interpreted as a CGI placeholder for a
white space.

Later when you log in you send "ab+cd" but what's encoded in the db is
the digest for "ab cd".  So you're thrown out...

When you log in with 6.0 rc1 and you've got your password wrong you
apparently fall into a null pointer exception in method :

org.opencms.db.CmsUserSettings#init()

at line 473 because there are no preferences for a user who failed to
log in.

I guess that's a kind of bug worth reporting but I have just downloaded
OpenCms yesterday for the first time and subscribed this list when I ran
into trouble.  Surely some OpenCms guru can use this.

For now, I'll keep away from "+" (may be should send "ab%20cd" ;-)

Regards,

Alain Pannetier.