[opencms-dev] Opencms 5.0.1 problem: Broken / Orphaned Links

Pete Setchell peter at goodtech.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 17:05:55 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what's happening with this bug we keep
seeing on our OpenCMS 5.0.1 installation.

When we publish or run an internal link check we're getting a large
number of broken or orphaned links, but in folders that no longer exist
in either online or offline projects.

Example:
> Checking filesystem links ...
> /continental/en/passenger/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_latitudes.html
> /continental/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_latitudes.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /continental/en/passenger/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_Relais.html -> /continental/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_Relais.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /continental/en/traveltrade/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_latitudes.html -> /continental/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_latitudes.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /continental/en/traveltrade/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_Relais.html -> /continental/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_Relais.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/passenger/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/la_brasserie.html -> /uk/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/la_brasserie.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/passenger/your_journey/ozs_guide/ozs_tips.html -> /uk/en/shared/your_journey/ozs_guide/ozs_tips.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/traveltrade/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/la_brasserie.html -> /uk/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/la_brasserie.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /continental/en/traveltrade/experience/the_restaurants/le_Relais.html -> /continental/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/le_relais.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/passenger/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_relais -> /uk/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_relais
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/passenger/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_pub.html -> /uk/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_pub.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/passenger/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_parisien.html -> /uk/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/le_parisien.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/passenger/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/latitudes.html -> /uk/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/latitudes.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/traveltrade/your_journey/somethingelse/ozs_tips.html -> /uk/en/shared/your_journey/ozs_guide/ozs_tips.html
> Found broken filesystem link: /continental/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/dfd -> /fiction
> Found broken filesystem link: /uk/en/traveltrade/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/latitudes.html -> /uk/en/shared/experience/the_restaurants/restaurant_profile_pages/latitudes.html
> [...]

Because the both source and target folders no longer exist in the
project it looks very awkward to find and fix them without updating the
database manually.

Is there an easy or automated way to track down all these links and
remove them?

I've been googling through the mailing list archives and checking
OpenCMS bugzilla without any luck. Has anyone else experienced this
problem, and if so can you let me know how you solved it?

Cheers,

Pete

--
Pete Setchell