[opencms-dev] Deploying Troubles

Tom somaforen at inode.at
Thu Jun 9 23:12:39 CEST 2005

Hi everyone.
At first I have to say that I'm completely new to mailinglists, as well
as OpenCms. I read some of the previous posts and I hope I ain't doing
nothin wrong :)

I'll try to be short:
I am currently trying to deploy the OpenCms.war Archive. But already
there are some errors. If I check the whole log file localhost_log in
/var/lib/tomcat4/logs.
I think it comes down to this:

"Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.FilePermission opencms_init.log write)".

I tried running Tomcat4 as root, no change. For testing purposes I set
the permissions of the whole tomcat4 directory to a+rwx, no change.

Now I have a few questions:
* Does anyone know what could be the cause for this behaviour ?
* Where does Tomcat want to write that opencms_init.log to. Maybe I can
set the permissions for that folder accordingly.

I appreciate any help.

System is:
Debian Sarge testing - branch
Everything installed by apt-get