[opencms-dev] opencms6

ark-d at betasystems.com ark-d at betasystems.com
Fri Jun 10 12:43:11 CEST 2005

Sarang,

which version of oracle are you using?

With oracle 8 you will get problems, but there are some solutions for it:

here is a description from Michael Moossen, which was posted 2 days ago:

for oracle 8 you will need to do some modifications by yourself:

edit the org/opencms/db/oracle/queries.properties file, you can find this
file
inside the opencms.jar archive in the WEB-INF/lib folder of your
installation.

replace all "FOR UPDATE WAIT 10" by "FOR UPDATE"

please also note, that you may need to use the ojdbc14.jar driver (which
comes
with oracle9 and higher)

Regards,
Arash Kaffamanesh

             "sarang
             awasarkar"
             <sarang_a007 at redi                                          To
             ffmail.com>               opencms-dev at opencms.org
             opencms-dev-bounc
             es at opencms.org                                        Subject
                                       [opencms-dev] opencms6

             10.06.2005 12:12

             Please respond to
             sarang  awasarkar
             <sarang_a007 at redi
               ffmail.com>;
             Please respond to
                The OpenCms
               mailing list
             <opencms-dev at open
                 cms.org>

Hi,
I m very new to OpenCms6. I am using tomcat5.0.28 and jdk1.4 with oracle
for database. I deployed the war file in webapps. Now when I run the setup
its works fine for 5 steps but at the last step when it import the
workspace it returns Null pointer exception.can anyone suggest me what is
happening with my setup installation.

regards
sarang awasarkar