[opencms-dev] Indexing XML Documents for Searching in Opencms 6

sleeping_ scorpion sleeping_scorpion at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:28:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have been using opencms 5.0.1 and have been indexing xml documents (type
plain) with a custom searchHelper, XMLDocuement, XMLDocumentHandlerSAX
classes.

I understand though that in Opencms 6 xml docs are easily indexed using
standard functionalty. I havent got around to creating an xml content type
for my xml docs yet.

Down to my question: when I try to index and search my xml doc (type plain -
as I uploaded into the cms to test) the xml doc is indexed (as I am shown
this in the search indexes admin view when rebuilding indexes). However when
I try to search for any of the content i get no results?

For example:

<advert>
   <description>this-is-the-description</description>
   <location>this-is-the-location</location>
   <type>this-is-the-type</type>
   <name>this-is-the-name</name>
</advert>

So ideally I wish to search for the string "this-is-the-name" and I should
geta result, but do not.

I notice that in opencms-search.xml only xmlpage and xml content are
specified, is this where the issue lies? Or do I need to change the file
type?

My deadline approches and I am urgently running out of time! What is going
wrong?

Any help much appreciated.