[opencms-dev] Problems with V6 RC1

Frank Müller-Witte mueller-witte at itlos.org
Thu Jun 16 07:16:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm new to Opencms and wonder which version to use. I know, on the webpage it is advised to use version 6 RC1, but I'm not sure if
that is a good idea with regard to all the bugs I come across: Nullpointer Exceptions here and there, hangs during installation (I
read about that already), workflow not working. It seems one cannot work with it yet. So I wonder: is this normal, does everybody
have problems with this release candidate, or did rather something go wrong during installation?
Would it be better to use version 5? Is it stable enough?

I use Windows XP, Java 1.5.02, Tomcat 5.5.9, MySQL 4.1, but also have similar trouble with OpenCms on a win2000 computer.

Regards,
Frank Müller-Witte