[opencms-dev] linux opencms 6 installation fails with error when unzipping

Frank Müller-Witte mueller-witte at itlos.org
Thu Jun 16 17:38:33 CEST 2005

Hi all,

OpenCms doesn't work properly on my windows computer, so I tried Linux now (Suse 9.3 with Java 1.5.03, Tomcat 5.5).
However, I don't even manage to install it and get the error shown below. Unzipping the war-file manually also doesn't help.
The error shows up when I try to enter the $CATALINA_HOME/opencms/setup folder with the browser (Firefox).

Help greatly appreciated
Frank Müller-Witte

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

Generated servlet error:

error: error reading /usr/bin/build-classpath; java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

1 error

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:332)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:437)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:497)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:476)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:464)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:511)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:295)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0 logs.

Apache Tomcat/5.0