[opencms-dev] discussion on template design

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 00:51:48 CEST 2005

I'm curious if anyone has any ideas on the templating system. I like
OpenCms, but I'm still a little uncomfortable with this idea of using
JSP to construct templates. I must confess I am still not up to speed
on the details of OpenCms, so my thoughts on this are likely to change
as I get more familiar witht the software.

Has XSLT been considered as an alternative to the JSP approach? Or
perhaps the entire templating engine could be made modular so that
various mechanisms could be utilized (Velocity, JSP, XSLT etc) ?

Joe.