[opencms-dev] How to make https request available in opencms

Arian Abrahantes Quintana Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch
Wed Jun 22 12:05:39 CEST 2005

Dear all:

I am still a rookie on opencms... Now I want to make some parts of my website available through https. After reading opencms and apache documentation I have outlined a procedure to do this. I wish you to consider check it and tell me if I am missing something.

1- Configure apache to listen https request.
2- Configure keys and certificates in apache (so far I'll not use an external Certification Authority so keys and certificates will be generated and checked by my own server).
3- In opencms.properties, change url_prefix_https and url_prefix_servername accordingly.
4- Declare export=https in page property.

I omitted some reboot processes in the middle. Is that simple for opencms? probably due to my short experience I am missing something

Since I just have one server (it is already in production) I want to be sure which steps to follow in order to have service disruption time at a minimum.

I'll kindly appreciate any help you can bring me. Best regards,

arian