[opencms-dev] OpenCMS installation on SAP Netweaver Web Appli cationServer

Mehta, Girish Girish.Mehta at atosorigin.com
Thu Jun 23 13:57:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

I need some more information regarding this solution since I could resolve
the problem by using following steps:

1. Created opencms folder under Netweaver Web AS root folder
2. Created again (2nd) opencms folder under Netweaver Web AS root\opencms
folder
3. Created WEB-INF and logs folder under Netweaver Web AS
root\opencms\opencms folder
4. Copied config folder to Netweaver Web AS root\opencms\opencms folder
5. Changed root\WEB-INF\web.xml to provide opencms.home as init parameter
for OpenCmsHttpServlet. The snapshot look like

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
        <description>
            The main servlet that handles all requests to the OpenCms VFS.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet</servlet-class>
	<init-param>
	    <param-name>opencms.home</param-name>

<param-value>C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\opencms\s
ervlet_jsp\opencms\root\opencms\opencms</param-value>
	</init-param>
    </servlet>

The folder
"C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\opencms\servlet_jsp\o
pencms\root" is web container folder for app server. It is equivalent of
webapps\opencms folder of Tomcat.

6. Tried application and its showing me now same as it was showing in
Tomcat. Allows me to login and perform the operation.

I like to know the process for JBOSS which you have done. It will be great
if you can provide in detail so I can opt for the one which is really easy
to implement.

Thanks for response and looking forward to you.

Regards,

Girish