[opencms-dev] BLOB and text

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:40:31 CEST 2005

I normally use the 'text' datatype for that. If the article is plain
text the java.lang.String should be perfect. If the article is stored
in XML, then depending on what sort of pre-processing you want to do,
a DOM structure might be more appropriate.

Be mindful of character encoding (ISO-8859-1 vs UTF-8) -- if your non
US-ASCII characters are corrupted on save/restore it's probably a
character encoding problem.

You will find a full manual for MySQL in the Developers area at
http://www.mysql.com/

Joe.