[opencms-dev] Disabling Icons & menus in openCMS

Ian_Symonds at dialog.com.au Ian_Symonds at dialog.com.au
Tue Jun 28 08:27:20 CEST 2005

Hello

My client has requested that some functions be disabled in openCMS.

- remove unneccessary icons from the editor
- remove unneccessary icons from the explorer
- remove unneccessary options from the context menu in explorer - so that
only Lock/Unlock and Edit are available.

I have done some examination of the source code, and it seems that these
functions could be controlled by control tables.

I found this in the souce code for CmsWorkplaceDefault.java

     * Used by workplace icons to decide whether the icon should
     * be activated or not. Icons will use this method if the attribute
<code>method="doNotShow"</code>
     * is defined in the <code><ICON></code> tag.

Although I have not been able to find where the real definitions are.

Questions.
-  Where are the definitions this comment refers to?
-  Is the same possible for the icons in the OpenCMS editor?
-  Is the same possible for the context menu items in the explorer?

Many thanks

Ian Symonds
Consultant
Dialog, Darwin