[opencms-dev] forward command

bub habub japorami at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 09:07:32 CEST 2005

hi,
i'm using now
response.sendRedirect("send_update_note.jsp");

 but i get the follwoing error

java.lang.NullPointerException

Requested resource:
/system/modules/com.authentication/elements/send_update_note.jsp

i don't know what is wrong since before it showed me
the error in the send_update_note.jsp.
now it says it doesn't find the resource.

anyone has an idea.

thanks
jap

--- Arian Abrahantes Quintana
<Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch> wrote:

> oops sorry two small mistakes the initialization
> should be like this
>
> CmsJspActionElement cms = new
> CmsJspActionElement(pageContxt, request, response);
>
> the rest is the same

> hi;
>
> I presume initialized the CmsJspActionElement in
> some variable. In teh following way
>
> CmsJspActionElement = new
> CmsJspActionElement(pageContxt, request, response)
>
>  From there you took:
>
> String lname = request.getParameter("nameofuser");
>
> at the moment you want to redirect to the
> next/following page (seems to be is some class or
> step-by-step procedure) try the line:

response.sendRedirect("path/of/the/next/page/whateveritsnameis.html?whiceverparameter=youwant");

http://www.hema.ch/products/web/opencms/package5.0/index.html