[opencms-dev] forward command

bub habub japorami at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 11:56:24 CEST 2005

hi,
my files are in the same folder.
if i put an html file the redirect works. only the jsp
files don't work somehow.
don't know why. i also tried it with the whole path
starting from root but doesn't work either.

is there another way to do it?

jap

--- Arian Abrahantes Quintana
<Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch> wrote:

> Hi bub,
>
> R U sure about the path?. I mean,
> "send_update_note.jsp" is in the same level as the
> page from where you are sending the redirect
> command?. In order to get your code working the way
> you write it
> (response.sendRedirect("send_update_note.jsp");),
> your configuration should look like this:

/system/modules/com.authentication/elements/step1.jsp
> (from here you "pitch" the redirect order; so
> embebbed is the redirect line)

/system/modules/com.authentication/elements/send_update_note.jsp
> (redirect "catcher")
>
> If your configuration is like the one above I don't
> have the slightest idea of what's happennig.
> Probably some Opencms guru will give you an
> explanation I am also a rookie...
>
> hope you solve your problem,
>
> arian

> hi,
> i'm using now
> response.sendRedirect("send_update_note.jsp");
>
>  but i get the follwoing error
>

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> Requested resource:

/system/modules/com.authentication/elements/send_update_note.jsp

> i don't know what is wrong since before it showed me
> the error in the send_update_note.jsp.
> now it says it doesn't find the resource.
>
> anyone has an idea.
>
> thanks
> jap
>
> --- Arian Abrahantes Quintana
> <Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch> wrote:
>
> > oops sorry two small mistakes the initialization
> > should be like this
> >
> > CmsJspActionElement cms = new
> > CmsJspActionElement(pageContxt, request,
> response);
> >
> > the rest is the same

> > hi;
> >
> > I presume initialized the CmsJspActionElement in
> > some variable. In teh following way
> >
> > CmsJspActionElement = new
> > CmsJspActionElement(pageContxt, request, response)
> >
> >  From there you took:
> >
> > String lname = request.getParameter("nameofuser");
> >
> > at the moment you want to redirect to the
> > next/following page (seems to be is some class or
> > step-by-step procedure) try the line:

response.sendRedirect("path/of/the/next/page/whateveritsnameis.html?whiceverparameter=youwant");

http://www.hema.ch/products/web/opencms/package5.0/index.html