[opencms-dev] OpenCms creating DB failed

David Gonzalez Fuentes david.gonzalezf at ibernettelematica.es
Wed Jun 29 17:33:14 CEST 2005

Hello Team,

I've installed all previous OpenCms components successfully however when installing OpenCms setup-wizard, I get a "Creating Database....Failed" msg. The following msg is displayed:
"Could no connect to database via: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
java.sql. SQL Exception: communication link failure: Bad handshake"

MySQL is up&running however I've installed it as default. Root permission are ok as MySQL instalation procedure.
Should I modify other parameters?

Thanks for coops.

Brgds, David