[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 6 Administration Modules

Francisco Fernandez Velasco frfv76 at yahoo.es
Thu Jun 30 10:34:21 CEST 2005

I have some doubts about administration modules.

1.- What is the function of an administration module??
Why are they needed? In openCMS 5 it was difficult to
creates new content definitions and perhaps it was
more easy to use an administration module to create
content.
But in openCMS 6 why administration modules are
needed?

2.- How can I create an administration module in
OpenCMS 6?? I have
created a module with administration checkbox
selected. Then I have created an "administration"
folder inside. And then I have created a "test" folder
inside "administration" folder. In the Legacy
Administration View the module is shown ( ??? Picture
??? ). In Administration view is not shown. Why???
Can anybody give the steps for creating an
administration module?

Thanks in advance!!