[opencms-dev] 6.0.0 setup exception on JBoss

Terry Irwin tirwin at agency.com
Thu Jun 30 19:59:46 CEST 2005

Hi List,

I have had no troubles at all with OpenCms 6 from beta3 through RC2 on
JBoss 4.0.2 - I have been able to expand the war file into an
opencms.war directory, start JBoss and run the OpenCms setup procedure
without issue.

Moving to 6.0.0 - replacing the entire contents of the opencms.war
directory - I cannot even display the first page of the setup wizard. It
is throwing an exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.init(Ljavax/servlet/jsp/PageContext;Ljava
x/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;)V

org.apache.jsp.setup.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.setup.index_js
p:69)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:322)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:81)

Nothing about my setup has changed, other than the content of the
opencms.war directory. I am able revert to a fresh install of RC2 and it
sets up just fine.

Has anyone else seen this or have a solution?

Thanks,

Terry

________________________________

Terry Irwin