[opencms-dev] small problem with redirection after change VFS

Arian Abrahantes Quintana Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch
Fri Jul 1 22:53:05 CEST 2005

Dear all:

I had a VFS folder tree like the following

/index.html
/Dir/en/Dir1/index.html
/Dir/en/Dir2/index.html

I finally decided to get rid of the long path names so I changed the VFS folder tree in the following way:

/index.html
/Dir/en/Dir1/index.html
/Dir/en/Dir2/index.html
/Dir1/index.html
/Dir2/index.html

Currently I am serving both request http://myhost.com/Dir1/index.html <http://myhost.com/Dir1/index.html>  and http://myhost.com/Dir/en/Dir1/index.html <http://myhost.com/Dir/en/Dir1/index.html>

eventually I'll delete duplicated files so everything what's under /Dir/en/ will be removed. I presume that some sites around have already linked my website and I don't want they suddenly find out that those link are dead-end. The solution is a redirect page for all request with all flavours /Dir/en/iin the path name so far I have tried several combinations in Apache configuration among them the Redirect directive in the following way

Redirect /Dir/en/ http://myhost.com/redirect.html

in the main configuration of Apache and in Virtual Host configuration as well but every time I request http://myhost.com/Dir/en/Dir1/index.html <http://myhost.com/Dir/en/Dir1/index.html>  I am still getting the same page not the redirect.html.

How should I configure the system in order to get the redirect page? Any help will be appreciated.

I am using opencms 5.0, tomcat 4.1.29, apache 2.0.52

I took a look at http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite probably that's the answer but it's too late and I am not as clever at 23:00 as at 09:00... I'll appreciate any idea on this subject

nice weekend to you all