[opencms-dev] Out of memory error upload pdfs

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Sat Jul 2 13:18:47 CEST 2005

But isn't that behaviour incosistent with the 'plain' upload mechanism?

With that (both in 5 and 6 rc2) 'unsafe' filenames are automagically
mapped to safe names (i.e. "foo bar.gif" becomes "foo_bar.gif" and
special danish characters like æøå gets replaced by x's - only thing
that I can recall causing problems are filenames starting with a ".")

I'm currently using the rc6 version which for some reason doesn't get
through uploading with the upload applet so I haven't tested it myself,
but I would expect it to behave in a similar way. Users tend to name
their files whatever the native OS allows them to do, so I think the
silent replacing of unsafe characters is a useful productivity feature.

--
Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com

Javadocs and other OpenCms stuff: