[opencms-dev] Query on Publish and Static Export

mmihaili at csc.com.au mmihaili at csc.com.au
Sun Jul 3 12:38:10 CEST 2005

I have Static Export enabled using the default
CmsOnDemandStaticExportHandler.
Performed an export via the Administration tool, and worked fine, all files
were created in the export directory (/export).
I did this again and noticed the whole exported directory is removed before
exporting. Not good if this directory is used to serve pages, as they will
not exist while they are being recreated.

My main concern though is when I publish a page. After modifying my home
page, I did a direct publish, and the exported file was deleted.
I need to do the Static Export via Administration for the file to be
recreated in the exported directory.
Is this the normal behaviour?

Regards,
Moris Mihailidis
Computer Sciences Corporation
EBS-BSS Web Services e-Business South
58 Queensbridge St, Southbank, VIC 3006, Australia
Ph: +61-3-8695-1527    Fax:+61-3-8695-1540
Email: mmihaili at csc.com.au

for such purpose.