[opencms-dev] Locked root folder in version 6.0.0

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Tue Jul 5 17:22:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

I used the procedure described in "Step 2: Content migration from OpenCms 5
to OpenCms 6" in the documentation to change the "template" properties of my
migrated pages.

This document suggests to use "Content-Tools" -> "Change Property Values"
with the root folder "/" in the "Change resources in folder" field and set
"Include all subfolders" to "checked".

The template properties were indeed changed, but another result was that all
folders in the OpenCms tree were automatically locked.

The problem is that I can't unlock any of them, because the action gets an
error message stating that "the lock is inherited from the parent folder",
and I can't get to the root folder itself, which apparently is the locked
one because its subfolders (channels, sites, system) also get this error
message. The workplace doesn't show the root folder status in the right
panel; it only shows it in the left tree panel with no "locking" status.

How can I get to the root folder to unlock it, and hopefully all its
subfolders?

Shouldn't the documentation recommend to use the specific contents folder
instead of the root folder in the "Change resources in folder" field in
"Change Property Values"?

Thanks for any info that can help,

Pere