[opencms-dev] another issue in installation (installing modules)

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:26:31 CEST 2005

Yes, a FAQ is a good idea. I have a problem with this link:

 >  2. I SUGGEST THAT *EVERYONE* READ THIS:
 >  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.opencms.devel/12565

A newcomer to OpenCms may not have been aware that version 5 was
fundamentally incompatible with version 6.  There is good advise in
that posting, but it's also permanently embarrasing the the original
poster who in my opinion made a mistake that many people could have
made.

When I was evaluating CMS systems I looked at the associated email
lists, the traffic, the quality of the replies and the general tone
(friendly or cranky). Too many of those emails (no matter how
justified) and I would have been dissuaded from evaluating any
further.

Best rephrase into two headings "HOW TO REPORT BUGS" and "HOW NOT TO
REPORT BUGS".

Joe.