[opencms-dev] permissions question

Stefan Uldum Grinsted sug at interactive.as
Thu Jul 7 14:35:12 CEST 2005

If you create a project for each site (and thereby each group), where only
the site itself is contained in the project, then publishing this project
will only publish (and export) "offline" files that belongs to the project
instead of publishing all unpublished files from the Offline project.

Regarding:
--------------------------------
Any ideas on the access control part? Ie to be able to run two
independent sites  (say siteA and siteB) and to make sure that userA
cannot see any content from siteB and vice versa from the OpenCms
workplace.
-------------------------------
You just set permissions for Users to nothing (not deny) for each site,
meaning users cannot see the sites. Then you explicitly set permissions
for GroupA to allow for SiteA etc.

I haven't fully tested this, but when i log in via a user under GroupA I
cannot see any other files then the ones in the one the group has access
to. The Sites-dropdown has simply dissapeared and the user logs directly
in to the one site he has access to. Quite nifty :)

Hope this helps.

Med venlig hilsen
Stefan Uldum Grinsted
---------------------------------
Par No 1 Interactive a|s
tel.:87 25 50 81
sug at interactive.as

"Ivan Saracino" <ivan.saracino at newmedia.it>
Sent by: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
07-07-2005 15:24
Please respond to
The OpenCms mailing list <opencms-dev at opencms.org>

cc

Subject
RE: [opencms-dev] permissions question

    thx for the answer, but I need to export only a site at time!

  Ivan Saracino ivan.saracino at newmedia.it
  NewMedia Solutions srl - Via San Gregorio 6, 20124 Milano
  Tel (+39) 02 202316.1 - Fax (+39) 02 202316.50
  site:   http://www.newmediasolutions.it <
http://www.newmediasolutions.it/>
  portal: http://www.newmedia.it