[opencms-dev] Preferred means of reporting bugs?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Jul 13 14:15:37 CEST 2005

Joe,

> What is your recommended means of reporting bugs? Should they
> go directly into Bugzilla or do you prefer them to be posted
> and discussed on the email list first?

Bugzilla please, if the bug is not yet listed there.

> If it's the latter, who should add the bug to Bugzilla: the
> bug finder or yourselves?

Usually the bug finder.

I have to say that some entries have to be flagged as "invalid" by us, most
oftern because the "issue" is related to not having read / understood the
available documentation. This is true for 90% of all setup related issues.
Please do also not report any issues with alpha/beta/rc versions of OpenCms
6 if you do have verified the issue is also present in the 6.0.0 release
version.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior