[opencms-dev] Static export strange behavior

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Fri Jul 15 15:49:25 CEST 2005

Hello,

I hope that someone will be able to help me with this one, as I'm running
out of ideas.

-  An application with one module, some gallery pictures and some content
folders is imported to a newly installed OpenCms 6.0.0 under Tomcat 5.0. The
content folders are imported to /sites/default/. opencms-importexport.xml is
left unchanged, so that gif, css, pdf,... files are supposed to be
statically exported when needed.

- Everything works fine offline.

- After publication, links to files with those extensions point indeed to
the /export directory, BUT the files are not there: OpenCms doesn't
"extract" them when they are required, and we get the corresponding errors.

- The only emergency way out has been to change the export property to
"false" for the folders containig these files, so that the links do not
point to /export anymore.

- The strangest is that the same installation procedure has worked fine on
two systems (Windows), where we see how the exportable files appear under
/export when they are requested, but failed on two others (one Windows and
one Unix, the Unix user running Tomcat having supposedly write permission to
/export (it's "root")).

Can anyone guess what's going on there, suggest a possible installation
mistake, or a problem determination procedure?

Thanks,

Pere