[opencms-dev] File encoding issue with 5.0, Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2003

Jason Sherrill jasolution at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 20:57:02 CEST 2005

I'm trying to get OpenCms 5.0 running on Windows 2003,
using Tomcat 5.5, J2EE SDK 1.4. I've got Tomcat
installed as a Windows Service and have my
CATALINA_OPTS environment variable set to change the
encoding to -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1.

When I try to run OpenCms setup, I cannot get past
this error:

Error: the encoding of your Java VM is different from
the OpenCms encoding!

Java VM file encoding: Cp1252
OpenCms encoding: ISO-8859-1

Can someone tell me the fix for this in a Windows
environment?

Thanks,