[opencms-dev] Exporting OpenCMS database fails

Alexander Wallace aw at avatartechnology.com
Fri Jul 15 22:25:00 CEST 2005

First, exporting the module is not exactly the same as the db... I don't think
you can install 6.0.0 on top of an already populated db... So that's not the
route to upgrade IMHO...

Exporting the module is done through the module managment utilitiy....

Having said that, don't do anything without backing up your db... And for this
you can safely use whatever tool your db offers you for that... (like
mysqldump for mysql)...

Hope that helps