[opencms-dev] New to OpenCMS

Bruce Stemplewski Bruce2004 at stempsoft.com
Sat Jul 16 01:50:02 CEST 2005

I am on the board of a small sailing club here in Pittsburgh.  We are
finding it very difficult to keep our website updated because there are
so few board members that can use HTML and Dreamweaver.  So I thought a
CMS might be the answer.  I have a few questions about OpenCMS.

1.    Is there somewhere I can try OpenSource for free or a small fee?
Preferably someplace that I can set up a mock website to prove a concept
to my fellow board members.

2. Does OpenCMS or addin modules, allow the emailing of links to new
content?  Can users sign up to get various content?  Can they get it in
a digest form?

3. Does OpenCMS or addin modules, have the ability to maintain a mailing
list where users can maintain there own email and interests attributes?
Can the mailing list be queried for users that have certain interests?

4. Does OpenCMS or addin modules,  have the ability to reserve resources
like rooms, projectors or in our case boats?

5.  Does OpenCMS or addin modules, let users sign up for events such as
meeting, parties etc ?