[opencms-dev] Is Tomcat as a service even an option with OpenCms 5.0 on Windows?

Jason jasolution at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 14:29:56 CEST 2005

Has anyone successfully setup OpenCms 5.0 on a Windows
platform with either Tomcat 4 or 5 running as a
service?

I've tried every suggestion I could find in the mail
list archives, including adding the file encoding
switch to the install routine, adding the file
encoding JVM option to the registry, setting up the
environment variables, etc., but I cannot get past the
first step of the installation where it tells me that
my JVM uses Cp1252 and OpenCms uses ISO. I've even
tried three different versions of the J2EE SDK.

Am I trying to do the impossible? If anyone has
successfully been able to get OpenCms running in this
environment, I'd greatly appreciate any help you'd be
willing to lend.

My current environment is:
Windows 2003 Server
OpenCms 5.0
Tomcat 4.1 running as a service
J2EE SDK 5.0 (or 1.5 as I see it sometimes referred)
MySQL 4.1

Thanks!

Jason