[opencms-dev] Lucene search information (needed)

David db92rj45 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:28:54 CEST 2005

Hi,
 I am new to OpenCMS and Lucene and would like to know the theory and
algorithm behind Lucene engine. Most of the documents that I have from the
web and from OpenCMS so far are mainly about how to program with Lucene.
They do discuss briefly how Lucene indexes and searches the documents from
the programmers perspective. But I want to know the actual algorithm behind
the search() function, for instance.
 I would greatly appreciate any pointers to any information sources that you
know.
 Thanks,
David.