[opencms-dev] recomend page from template one doesn't work in 6.0.0 final

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin eballarin at innopark.ch
Tue Jul 19 14:03:02 CEST 2005

Hi Daniel,

I'm having the same problem with 'Recommend page' and with 'Send email to the
editor'.

If I follow your suggestion, I can send the mails, but the information needed
in the confirmation form is missing.

We have to find out why this nullPointerException is generated...

If I look at the java source I can find at line 161 of
CmsTemplateFormRecommend.sendMail following line:

theMail.setTextMsg(getContent("recommend_mail.html", "text",
getRequestContext().getLocale()));

The problem seems to be in the getRequestContext() method.

Strange, because the line before (line 160) has a similar command that seems
to have been successfully executed:

theMail.setHtmlMsg(getContent("recommend_mail.html", "html",
getRequestContext().getLocale()));

Any idea?

Thank
Enrico

Am Montag, 11. Juli 2005 10:57 schrieb Daniel Wiesner:
> hello,
>
> I found the solution:
>
> in /system/modules/de.smg.homepage.templateone/pages/recommend.html I
> removed the attribute scope="request"
>

> <jsp:useBean id="cms"
> class="de.smg.homepage.templateoneCmsTemplateFormRecommend"
> scope="request"> <jsp:setProperty name="cms" property="*"/>
> </jsp:useBean>
>

> <jsp:useBean id="cms"
> class="de.smg.homepage.templateoneCmsTemplateFormRecommend" >
>     <jsp:setProperty name="cms" property="*"/>
> </jsp:useBean>
>
> now it works as it should.
>
> Daniel
>
> Wiesner, Daniel schrieb:
> >The recomend page feature doesn't work in the demo version og osms 6.0
> >final. Has anyone get got it working?
> >
> >java.lang.NullPointerException
> >	at org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspBean.getRequestContext(CmsJspBean.java:144)
> >	at
> >org.opencms.frontend.templateone.CmsTemplateFormRecommend.sendMail(CmsTemp
> >la teFormRecommend.java:161)
> >	at
> >org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.offline.system.modules.org_opencms_frontend
> >_t
> > emplateone.pages.recommend_html_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dIN
> >F.j
> > sp.offline.system.modules.org_opencms_frontend_templateone.pages.recommen
> >d_h tml_jsp:58)
> >	at
> >org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)
> >
> >regards daniel

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin
dipl. El.-Ing. ETH
Leiter Technik