[opencms-dev] 6.0.0 - <cms:contentload> - unexpected behavior

Terry Irwin tirwin at agency.com
Fri Jul 22 23:08:39 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I am looking at the behaviour of the list.jsp page in the XML Content demo.

The <cms:contentload> in the list.jsp page as supplied looks like this:

<cms:contentload collector="${property.collector}" param="${property.xmlcontent-demo}article_${number}.html|article" editable="true">

The way I read the documentation, I assumed that the 'article_${number}.html' part would act as a filter, using filename to limit the XML content resources of type article that the JSP received back from the CMS.

I was able to do two things that puzzled me:

1. I created an XML content resource called simply 'art.html' and made sure it was of type article. To my surprise, it was included in the list displayed by the JSP. I had expected the param to act as a filter.

2. I then changed the <cms:contentload> tag so that the param was:

	param="${property.xmlcontent-demo}${number}.html|article"

Viewing the page, I was again surprised that all XML content resources of type article were displayed by the JSP.

3. Then I created a new XML content resource using the "new item" icon on the JSP page, and when I was done, a new file called '0001.html' was created in the VFS. I did not expect the param value from the <cms:contentload> tag to determine the name of a new XML content resource.

Should the collector be behaving this way? If so, is there an out-of-the-box way to filter a list of XML content resources by filename pattern?

Thanks,
Terry

Terry Irwin
Senior Technical Consultant