[opencms-dev] Creating Sibbling to a Folder?

Anatol opencms at recordcaster.de
Mon Jul 25 20:25:23 CEST 2005

Hi Alexander, hi all!

Alexander Kandzior schrieb:

>Anatol
>

>>Is ist possible to create a direct link (a sibbling) to a
>>folder?
>>

>Unfortunatly not.

Well ... is there an other way to solve the following problem?

I've a news folder within some newsxxx.html content files. These news
are written in english and german. To access the bothe languageversions
of an article in an other thread I got the hint to create two folders:
"/de" end "/en" and set the property locale on "de" and "en". If I copy
the newsfolder with sibbling documents I can read the article in the
respective language by replacing the "en" with "de" in the URL . So far
so wonderfull :-)

But if I create in the frontend of the opencms a new article by
selecting the green "+" sign, a new  file was created in the original
news-folder. And the folder in "/en" and "/de" didn't know any about the
new file.
What can I do? How would you handle such a problem?

Greetings
Anatol